At Glaser Orthodontics our goal is to provide the highest quality orthodontic care and treatment from the most qualified professionals available throughout Cortlandt Manor, Croton-On-Hudson, Jefferson Valley, and surrounding Westchester and Putnam County areas.
Many people believe a dentist and orthodontist are the same thing but that’s not quite the case. The two professional titles certainly have some similarities, and they do work together, but orthodontics is a specific type of dental care. An orthodontist is a specialist that treats certain types of dental problems.
What Does An Orthodontist Do?
An orthodontist such as Dr. Glaser is a fully qualified dentist who takes on an additional 2-3 years of orthodontic schooling and gains extensive clinical experience in an orthodontic residency program. The American Association of Orthodontists is the overseeing body for this branch of elite dentistry.
The most important job for an orthodontist is identifying, treating, and preventing issues with your teeth and mouth. Orthodontists are experts at treating misaligned or overcrowded teeth, as well as bite problems (malocclusions). Malocclusions can also result when the upper and lower jaws don’t fit together properly, whether from premature loss of baby teeth, developmental abnormalities, trauma, or other causes.
If you suffer from any of the following issues, you may be a candidate for orthodontic treatment:
|Overbite||where the upper front teeth stick out over the lower teeth|
|Underbite||where the lower teeth are too far forward or the upper teeth too far back|
|Crossbite||when the upper teeth do not come down slightly in front of the lower teeth when biting together normally|
|Open bite||space between the biting surfaces of the front and/or side teeth when the back teeth bite together|
|Misplaced midline||when the center of your upper front teeth does not line up with the center of your lower front teeth|
|Spacing||gaps between the teeth as a result of missing teeth or teeth that do not “fill up” the mouth|
|Crowding||when there are too many teeth for the dental ridge to accommodate|
Types of Treatments
- Traditional Braces – made from a high-grade stainless steel with metal brackets and archwires, which put pressure on teeth to move slowly into the correct position.
- Clear braces – work in the same way as traditional braces, but the brackets are made from a clear, transparent ceramic material.
- Invisalign – custom-made removable clear aligners that are virtually invisible and work in increments.
- Invisalign Teen – clear aligners that are removable and virtually invisible to ensure you still enjoy your favorite foods and social events.
Reasons to Visit An Orthodontist in Cortlandt Manor NY
- Achieving a healthy smile – a healthy smile not only looks
but can also offer benefits such as increasing chewing functionality and improving speech
- Boosting confidence – a beautiful smile can provide a dramatic boost in
- Starting on the right path – children can avoid and prevent arising problems when seen at the right age.
- Preventing future problems – when untreated, many orthodontic issues can become worse over time.
If you or someone you know is in need of orthodontic care or looking to visit with an orthodontist and located in Cortlandt Manor, Jefferson Valley, Mahopac, or surrounding areas of Westchester County NY please contact us today to take a step in the right direction and schedule a visit. Call now (914) 739-6400.