The Importance of Early Orthodontics Evaluation in Westchester County
THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF ORTHODONTISTS recommends that children first visit the orthodontist at age seven. Even though treatment may not start that young, an early examination will allow Dr. Glaser of Glaser Orthodontics in Westchester County to evaluate dental development and determine when and if orthodontic treatment is necessary.
One way to determine if a child needs our help is to look for bite and alignment problems.
Some Of The Problems We Look For Include:
1. Buck Teeth. Do the upper front teeth stick too far out?
2. Deep Bite. Do the upper teeth cover the lower teeth?
3. Underbite. Do the upper teeth fit inside the arch of the lower teeth?
4. Open Bite. Do only the back teeth touch when biting down?
5. Crowded or overlapped teeth. Do the teeth have too much or too little space?
6. Misaligned front teeth. Do the spaces between the upper two front teeth and lower two front teeth not line up?
7. Crossbite. Do the upper teeth fit inside the lower teeth?
Please share this post with your friends that have children. Together, we can help others start early on the path to beautiful, healthy smiles!