It’s Never Too Late to Straighten Your Teeth
The discouraging connotation surrounding braces that implies their sole use in the mouths of kids and teens has kept the idea of adult orthodontic treatments, through braces or Invisalign, on the outskirts of many adult minds. Invisalign, however, is becoming increasingly popular within the adult demographic. At Glaser Orthodontics, we encourage adult orthodontic treatment. Whether going with braces or Invisalign, here are a few key points to keep in mind in preparing for all that comes with orthodontic treatment:
- If you have sensitive teeth, brush with Sensodyne or a similar toothpaste to help desensitize your teeth.
- Practice excellent oral hygiene to prepare your gums for braces! Ask Dr. Glaser for suggestions!
- Lips tend to get chapped in the process of putting on braces, so make sure to have a trusted lip balm application every night before bed.
- It may hurt or feel uncomfortable at first, this will go away and the feeling of the braces behind your lips will disappear and become very natural.
- Chewing may be difficult and consumption of certain foods may be impossible; ask Dr. Glaser for a list of foods to avoid.
- Finally, your brushing routine may need to be amped up a bit or altered to fit more often into your schedule.
All of these points are just a few of the commitments one must make when deciding to live with braces. However, all of the discomfort will pass, and eventually the routine will feel natural and comfortable. Think of these as small bumps in the road to achieving better-looking teeth! There are many benefits that come with adult braces including improved self-esteem and better dental health. And, thanks to Invisalign, braces can be invisible and removable, making your experience more pleasant and easy. Visit Dr. Glaser, at his Cortlandt Manor office, for a free consultation to discuss your adult braces. Allow us to help your smile reach its wonderful potential through Invisalign or braces!
1983 Crompond Road
Cortlandt Manor, New York 10567
Phone: (914) 739-6400