Braces have been around for a long, long time, and like anything that is age-old, they come with many rumored myths and facts. In fact, we’ve probably all heard them, and believed them, without even realizing! But how are patients near Somers supposed to know what is true versus what is false? How can patients know what to expect if there is so much confusion? Well, Glaser Orthodontics is here to help by giving you these braces true/false answers:
1. True or False: Braces work best just for kids?
– False. Many people associate braces with adolescence, but the truth is that Glaser Orthodontics treats patients of all ages. Adult braces near Somers are rising in popularity, and have become a great way to gain more confidence in your smile at any time. Braces work just as well on adults, and Glaser Orthodontics is proud to offer a variety of treatment options to our adult patients. For example, many adults prefer Invisalign treatments, as they are invisible, removable, comfortable, and convenient.
2. True or False: Braces can be very painful?
– False. Dr. Glaser wants to assure our patients near Somers that braces will not be a painful experience. While yes, it is true that immediately after the braces go on or are adjusted you will feel some discomfort or minor pain, it is not true that this pain will continue throughout the entire length of treatment. Braces take some getting used to, but will not cause long lasting or severe pain, and should be an overall enjoyable experience. If you are experiencing any painful poking, prodding, pressure, or pulling, contact Dr. Glaser immediately.
3. True or False: Orthodontic treatment doesn’t stop once the braces come off?
– True. For patients near Somers, retention is just as important as orthodontic treatment. Once the braces come off, you will be left with a beautiful smile. But keeping that beautiful smile does require some care, in the form of a retainer. It is crucial to follow Dr. Glaser’s instructions when it comes to your retainer near Somers.
4. True or False: There are many alternatives to traditional metal braces available.
– True. Invisalign is a great alternative to traditional metal braces. Their removable nature, clear plastic material, and custom shape are cosmetically pleasing and effective, and make Invisalign near Somers a highly desired option. However, while Invisalign can treat a range of cases, they are not the only option for patients of Glaser Orthodontics. For some individuals, options such as clear braces may be better. Clear braces are designed to be discreet while still offering many of the benefits of traditional braces such as their ability to treat all complexities. If you are a patient near Somers interested in any of these alternatives, Dr. Glaser will be happy to discuss them with you and figure out what is right for you.
So, True or False: Glaser Orthodontics near Somers can help patients of all ages get a beautiful, straight smile, through a number of different treatment options?
True of course! We hope that these true/false questions have helped to clear up your confusions of myth versus fact, and have made you want to begin your orthodontic care. If you want to learn more, or just want to get started with your orthodontic treatment, Contact Us at 914-739-6400 today! Dr. Glaser and the team are excited to hear from you.