Orthodontic Treatment near Croton
If you are looking for excellent orthodontic treatment near Croton, Glaser Orthodontics is here to help. Dr. Glaser explains 5 tooth problems that he can fix with the proper orthodontic treatment plan.
- Openbites, underbites, overbites and deep overbites – Glaser Orthodontics near Croton specializes in the correction of all four bites. Dr. Glaser encourages that these problems are treated early on because they can be corrected without surgery a lot of times. The fix requires braces, special appliances and/or retainers.
- Too many teeth: hyperdontia – Having extra teeth is called hyperdontia. People who have hyperdontia usually also have another condition, such as a cleft palate or Gardner’s Syndrome (which forms tumors that aren’t cancer). Dr. Glaser treats hyperdontia by removing all the extra teeth and correcting the bite with braces.
- Crooked teeth – The fix will improve your overall dental health, relieving symptoms like jaw pain. Dr. Glaser uses braces (metal or trays), aligners, and retainers to straighten crooked teeth.
- Gaps – You may not consider a gap between the front teeth a problem at all, but if you want to correct it Dr. Glaser will use braces to move teeth closer together and a special glued-in retainer helps to keep the spaces closed.
- Clenching or grinding your teeth – Grinding your teeth is called bruxism. Stress is one of the causes. Misaligned teeth or sleep issues can also be culprits among adults (among kids, causes can include allergies). Bruxism can give you headaches, a sore jaw and cracked or loose teeth. If you grind your teeth at night, Dr. Glaser can fit you with a mouthguard. If it’s a daytime problem, meditation, exercise or other ways to curb stress helps.