When someone hear the word “orthodontist” they automatically think of someone who applies braces to a 10-year-old child, but orthodontists are so much more than that. Orthodontists treat and/or prevent many different dental problems people of all ages may have including: malocclusion, bruxism, diastema, TMJ, and other misaligned bites, and Dr. Barry J. Glaser of Glaser Orthodontics in Cortlandt Manor, NY is no exception to this.
- Pain in the jaw area
- Pain, ringing or stuffiness in the ears
- Frequent headaches or neck aches
- Clicking or popping sound when the jaw moves
- Muscle spasms in the jaw area
- A change in the alignment of top and bottom teeth
- Locked jaw or limited opening of the mouth
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, and may be concerned that you’re a candidate for TMD treatment, please contact Dr. Barry J. Glaser of Glaser Orthodontics at 914.739.6400 TODAY.
The team at Glaser Orthodontics understands that every case is different, and everyone has different priorities when it comes to orthodontic treatment. That’s why we happily offer treatment with clear braces in Cortlandt Manor, NY. If you’re looking for the perfect smile, let Dr. Barry J. Glaser help you regain your confidence and obtain a radiant smile with clear braces.
How Do Clear Braces Work?
Clear braces are the preferred teeth straightening system for many adults, allowing you to maintain a clear smile while straightening your teeth. Regardless of the kind that you use, they straighten your teeth as effectively as traditional metal braces, all while looking virtually invisible. You can have the confidence to smile not only after, but during, your treatment. But what kinds of options are there, and how do they work?
- Ceramic/porcelain braces: clear braces like these function the exact same way as traditional metal braces. The only difference is that they use tooth-colored ceramic or porcelain brackets instead of metal ones, creating the effect of being “clear”.
- Clear aligners: clear aligners, like Invisalign, are another popular form. Instead of brackets and wires, aligner trays are made of a clear, smooth plastic that is molded to your individual teeth. Invisalign is not only virtually invisible, but they are also removable for eating, brushing, and flossing, and the smooth plastic makes them very comfortable.
How Do I Get Started?
Whether you are interested in clear ceramic braces or clear aligners, like Invisalign, Dr. Glaser and the team at Glaser Orthodontics can help. To find out more information or to schedule your complimentary consultation, don’t hesitate to contact Glaser Orthodontics today!
Dr. Barry Glaser and the team at Glaser Orthodontics are the experts in clear braces. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in Cortlandt Manor, NY, Cold Spring, NY, Croton-on-Hudson, NY, Westchester County, NY or the 10567 zip code area, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Barry Glaser contact Glaser Orthodontics at: 914-739-6400
Glaser Orthodontics is excited and proud to offer clear ceramic braces in Cortlandt Manor, NY! Combining tieless braces with high-tech archwires, these virtually invisible braces are quite comfortable; and, as for the result, you’ll receive a full, natural-looking smile.
How Do Clear Ceramic Braces Work?
Clear ceramic braces work similarly to traditional metal braces, with some subtle differences that make for big changes. Metal braces are comprised of metal brackets and archwires. Clear ceramic braces employ this same technique for straightening teeth, but instead of metal, the brackets are made of a tooth-colored ceramic. This tooth-colored material is what makes the braces appear “clear”. Tooth-colored wires can be applied, as well, for nearly invisible treatment.
What Are the Benefits of Clear Ceramic Braces?
Now that you know how clear ceramic braces work, you can understand the many benefits of this orthodontic treatment, including:
- They are virtually invisible: the tooth-colored aspects of this appliance is perfect for those who are worried about the appearance of other orthodontic treatments. This is particularly appealing as a form of adult orthodontic treatment because many adults prefer to maintain their appearance in their workplace, at home, etc.
- They are comfortable: ceramic materials provide a smooth, comfortable surface for braces. Your clear braces will have ample access to the insides of your cheeks and lips, and these braces won’t cut or tear.
- They are effective: increasing the amount of comfort and concealability does not decrease the effectiveness of your treatment. Clear ceramic braces are equally as effective as other top orthodontic treatments.
How Do I Get Started?
The first step to your perfect smile is schedule an appointment with Dr. Glaser. To learn more about clear ceramic braces or to schedule your initial consultation, don’t hesitate to contact Glaser Orthodontics today!
Dr. Barry Glaser and the team at Glaser Orthodontics are the experts in clear ceramic braces. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in Cortlandt Manor, NY, Cold Spring, NY, Croton-on-Hudson, NY, Westchester County, NY or the 10567 zip code area, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Barry Glaser contact Glaser Orthodontics at: 914-739-6400
You may be asking yourself if it is time for your child to begin orthodontic treatment, or, if they even need it.
Age seven is the optimal time to being orthodontic treatment. By this time, most of the permanent teeth are in and the facial bones are growing to their adult size. This allows Dr. Barry J. Glaser of Glaser Orthodontics in Cortlandt Manor, NY to indicate possible overbite, open bite, crowding or gummy smiles.
Dr. Barry J. Glaser of Glaser Orthdontics has been serving patients in the Northern Westchester, NY area for several years, and at Glaser Orthdontics he offers an array of treatments ranging from traditional metal braces to newer treatments like Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen®. Please don’t hesitate to contact the office of Dr. Glaser at 914.739.6400 to start your journey with orthdontic treatment. We look forward to meeting with you!
Do you want the gorgeous smile of a famous celebrity? The team at Glaser Orthodontics are here to help you achieve a perfect smile with Invisalign near Peekskill NY! Glaser Orthodontics is proud to offer our Westchester County NY patients Invisalign®. The high-tech system revolves around creating precise scans of your teeth by using a 3D computer imaging system. The aligner trays work to gradually shift each tooth individually, until they are perfectly aligned.
Invisalign Near Peekskill NY
There are many benefits to choosing Invisalign over other forms of braces. They include:
- Removable: The aligners can be removed to allow for easy maintenance of dental hygiene, but can also be taken out to eat.
- Nearly Invisible: Because the aligner trays are clear and far less conspicuous than traditional, metal braces, they are the top choice for those who choose to pursue orthodontic treatment as adults.
- Shorter Treatment Length: Invisalign tends to require less time than typical, metal braces.
Dr. Glaser and the team at Glaser Orthodontics are excited to provide Invisalign to our patients near Peekskill NY because we know that it is a modern alternative to braces. You no longer need to be afraid of embarrassment with traditional, metal braces. We evaluate our patients entirely as individuals in order to determine if Invisalign is the best course of treatment for their dental condition. Contact us to begin the journey to your most beautiful smile, today!
Dr. Barry Glaser and the team at Glaser Orthodontics are the experts in Invisalign. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen near Peekskill NY, Cortlandt Manor, NY, Cold Spring, NY, Croton-on-Hudson, NY, Westchester County, NY or surrounding areas, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Barry Glaser, contact Glaser Orthodontics at: 914-739-6400.
Are you unsure if your child needs orthodontic treatment or not?
Dr. Barry J. Glaser of Glaser Orthodontics in Cortlandt Manor, NY recommends that children see an orthodontist by age 7. At this point, Dr. Glaser can evaluate whether or not your child will need orthodontic treatment. Some of the things he will check for are crossbites and crowding.
Please contact Dr. Glaser at 914.739.6400 to schedule a complimentary consultation. With this, the team at Glaser Orthodontics will provide your child with an initial exam, and discuss with you the best steps to take towards caring for your child’s smile. Remember, early treatment can simplify later treatment.
While many think of braces as an adolescent endeavor, that’s simply not the case anymore. The employment of braces for adults in Cortlandt Manor, NY is in full swing, and they’re available for you from the team at Glaser Orthodontics! Dr. Glaser and his team provide a number of options to make braces more appealing to working professionals and adaptable to their busy lifestyle.
What Kinds of Braces for Adults Are There?
At Glaser Orthodontics, we understand that a busy adult lifestyle can be difficult to accommodate for orthodontic treatment. That’s why we offer a wide variety of types of braces for adults, all of which are designed to allow you to maintain your busy schedule. Some of the braces for adults we offer include:
- Traditional metal braces: These are made of metal wires and brackets that are fastened to the front surface of the teeth. You can select a variety of colors of rubber bands that hold your wires in place, and gradually the braces will guide your teeth to a perfect alignment.
- Clear braces: this treatment works the same way as metal braces, but instead of metal brackets, they employ porcelain or ceramic brackets. These brackets are designed to be tooth-colored, creating the effect of being “clear”. In some cases, you can receive clear wires, as well.
- Invisalign: the Invisalign system is comprised of a series of clear, plastic aligner trays. These trays are molded specifically to fit your teeth throughout a treatment course that is designed for your perfect smile. Every couple of weeks, Dr. Glaser will switch out your current set of Invisalign aligners for the next set, and with each new tray, your teeth will gradually shift into the smile of your dreams. Invisalign is a popular choice for many adults because the trays are virtually invisible, completely removable, and very comfortable, enabling busy adults to continue their lifestyles unhindered.
How Do I Get Started with Braces for Adults?
Dr. Glaser and the team at Glaser Orthodontics is thrilled to provide braces for adults in Cortlandt Manor, NY. If you have any questions or if you’re ready to get started with your treatment, don’t hesitate to contact Glaser Orthodontics today!
Dr. Barry Glaser and the team at Glaser Orthodontics are the experts in braces for adults. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in Cortlandt Manor, NY, Cold Spring, NY, Croton-on-Hudson, NY, Westchester County, NY or the 10567 zip code area, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Barry Glaser contact Glaser Orthodontics at: 914-739-6400
Have you noticed difficulty associated with your chewing, talking, sleeping and other routine activities? If so, you may want to consider orthognathic surgery. Appropriate only after growth stops, usually around age 13 to 15 for females and age 16 to 18 for males, jaw surgery may help to: make biting and chewing easier and improve chewing overall, improve “gummy” and “toothless” smiles, provide relief for sleep apnea and etc. Orthognathic surgery is a combination of jaw surgery and orthodontics. Correcting jaws that don’t align properly is a common reason for jaw surgery. Contact Dr. Barry J. Glaser of Glaser Orthodontics in Cortlandt Manor, NY at 914.739.6400 to determine if you need orthognathic surgery or if orthodontic treatment can correct the problem itself.